How do you feel? Do you feel sad, angry, anxious or just emotionally confused? Are your life and/or relationships getting out of control? Do you trust your feelings?
Has there been a catastrophic event in your life? Has here been a divorce, death, illness or relationship breakdown?
Therapy should be considered when your feelings interfere with your life, relationships or work. Therapy can be helpful when you have experienced a loss, due to death or relationship. It could also be helpful in raising your self-esteem or ability to problem-solve.
Some signs that you may need to see someone:
1. Using drugs or alcohol to cope with a problem
2. Grieving due to death or lost relationship
3. You have experienced some type of trauma
4. Feel depressed or overwhelmed
5. Need a new way to handle your life
6. If doing it your way hasn’t helped
7. Feeling unhappy or sad
How do you find a therapist?
1. Ask your primary doctor
2. Ask a priest, minister, rabbi or lay leader
3. You can ask your Childs guidance counselor
4. Research your insurance company
5. Social Service Agencies
6. Professional Associations for Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Therapists or Social Workers.
You don’t have to just go through life; you should live your life.